Aug 5, 2007

Hooked On Thrillers

What is it that makes us want to escape in thrillers - a world of blood, guts, violence, horror and suspense? Maybe it isn’t even an escape at all – in reality stories about terrorism, betrayals, murders, assassinations and torture are shown to us daily by the media. The reality of these news stories often overtakes the imagination of the thriller authors.

If the reality is often worse than the thriller stories why do we still read or listen to them?

Is it because the choices we made in our lives? Luckily these choices have turned out okay most of the time, but some of these choices could have easily ended nasty. We may have had some close encounters of which we later think “that was a stupid thing to do”.

Whatever it is, the wrong choices sure make good thriller stories. They keep us at the edge of our seat for hours.

I asked some of my friends why they are hooked on thrillers. Here are some of their answers.

Thrillers increase my adrenaline level I want to know what happens next, and next, and next, driving the suspense and my heart rate up.

I lose myself in thrillers after I have done some strenuous mental work and after sitting in a comfortable chair listening to an audio thriller I feel refreshed.

It is the complexities to the ideas of the actions and a plot with a dramatic twist in the end.

The dangerous and high-speed actions, the risks, the skills and the successful solving of the problem in the end.

The relationship between the characters and a rapid succession of events that drive up the suspense and my pulse.

It is interesting that since what happens in real life is often worse than the thrillers, we still can’t get enough of the horror and suspense in our lives. We would like to hear from you what gets you hooked on thrillers.

Whatever it is that gets me hooked I’ll never let an opportunity pass to listen to a good audio thriller.

The Global Audio Book Store Team
www.globalaudiobookstore.com

P.S. Why do you like thrillers? Please send us your comments.

No comments: